Wednesday 13 June 2012

Mushi



Being the wonderful wife I am, the other weekend I took my grown up boy (my husband) to the Bug Museum. Don't get me wrong, I like bugs, and I think a lot of them are very cute, like Ladybugs or Christmas beetles, but they don't exactly excite me like they do Senor Lukington.


Never the less, we set out into the mountains of Tainai to find the house in the middle nowhere (Lots of 'watch out for Monkeys' signs) and I am pleased to report that it was an enjoyable morning. They had a few cages where you could pick up the beetles (I felt a little sorry for the beetles though, being manhandled all the time) and of course lots of various dead insects for display. They had lots of gorgeous butterflies too, a lot of which I recognised from Northern Queensland.

They also had a bit of a butterfly house, where you could take little colourful containers of syrup to try and attract the butterflies.

I am sure that our experience would have been even more enriching if we could read half of the Kanji on the wall, but for Y4.10, it was an absolute bargain and a fun day out.


No comments:

Post a Comment